This powerful resource delivers 19 core success strategies (and 70+ action tips) that will help you re-think your approach, write better (and better targeted) books, get more reviews, avoid wasting your time and money, build and expand your platform, and empower you to push upwards to achieve your goals of becoming a bestselling author.
It’s almost time! Now that Missile Cards is officially past Steam Greenlight (thanks for your votes, everyone), I’m nearing the home stretch of development on this crazy card-based sci-fi defense game! It’s been a wild four months of intense development, and I’m really stoked to be able to soon unleash this weird little beast on the world!
Before I do that, however, I could use some help kicking the tires and fine tuning it ahead of launch. Yup, it’s closed Beta time!
I’m aiming to roll out the closed Beta for Missile Cards roughly a week from today. If you’ve already signed up to be a beta tester, great! But if you haven’t and want to get in on the action, now’s your chance to have an opportunity to play the game before launch, offer helpful feedback to improve the game, and get a peek behind the curtain!
Here’s how it’ll work:
- Roughly next weekend, I’ll be sending out PC Steam codes to the first wave of Beta Testers. This won’t be the final build, but it has almost all of the content of the final game. Still, expect a few bugs and rough bits here and there.
- Beta testers will have a few days to play the game and get a feel for it.
- Beta testers are encouraged to report any bugs or weird things they find or fire off gut reactions throughout the process, if they choose..
- Then, at the end of the initial beta period, they’ll be asked to fill out a questionnaire to report on bugs and offer feedback (what they liked, didn’t like, overall experience, etc.).
All of this will be incredibly useful for helping me fine tune and prepare the game for launch. If all goes well, I’m aiming to launch the initial PC release on Steam sometime in April. Thanks in advance for your help!
WAIT, WHAT’S MISSILE CARDS AGAIN?
Oh right, you may not have been paying close attention of late. Totally fine! Here’s the skinny:
In a nutshell, Missile Cards is a solo strategy card game where you must protect your base by deploying defense and blasting away hazards that descend from above. At a very basic level, it’s kind of like if you re-imagined the original Atari classic Missile Command as a turn-based card game with explosions. Only I’ve layered a lot of craziness onto that core formula.
More info: www.missilecards.com
- Steam Greenlight is a Fang-Mawed Beast Awaiting Your Slaughter
- Entrepreneurial / #GameDev Shop Talk on the Alpha Channel Audio Podcast
- GameMaker Blog Interview
- Missile Cards Public Demo is Live
- Failing Forward and the Value of Making Smaller Games, Faster
- Announcing MISSILE CARDS, now on Steam Greenlight
- Steam Halloween Sale – This Book Is A Dungeon only $0.59! (Please Leave A Steam Review, Too)
- The Indie Mindset, Game Dev Survival Tips, and A New Project Reveal!
- The Indie Response to Steam’s Major User Review System Overhaul