ONE WEEK. One week from today, Missile Cards will be launching on the App Store for iPhone and iPad. That’s crazy. I’m excited, and a little freaked out. Since it launched on Steam in April, a lot of people have been telling me they want to be able to play this intense strategy card game I made on their iThingies. So yeah…SOON! That is a thing that will happen. More specifically, next week, on Wed. June 28th this year of 2017.
A quick recap, if you’re wondering what the heck is a Missile Cards:
Missile Cards is a solo turn-based strategy defense card game that has you arming your defenses and blasting away deadly hazard that drop from above. Thematically, it’s a kind of like Missile Command meets Solitaire, but with more doomlasers, death, and explosions.
For people who like bullet points:
- Avoid annihilation through strategic card play and pressure cooker defense card deployment – every choice could be life or death!
- 5 challenging bases/decks full of unique hazards, defenses, special gameplay and challenging missions.
- Deploy missiles, lasers, cannons, shields, repair drones, orbital death rays, and much more!
- Unlock special cards to modify your deck and improve your chances of survival!
- Earn XP and upgrade your bases with special abilities and enhanced defenses!
- Fast to learn, highly replayable solo card game action!
- Solo card play: NO OTHER HUMAN BEINGS REQUIRED TO HAVE FUN!
- Delicious punishment: This game is hard. Yes, that’s intentional.
Also, if you’re a PC gamer, you can grab Missile Cards on Steam, too!
If you’re a member of the press and would like a code for feature or review coverage, feel free to get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a podcast you want me to come on to talk about the game, rap about game development, or just talk about whatever? Yeah, that’s cool. Email me at the above addy.
Want to hear a bit of backstory on bringing Missile Cards to mobile and the related challenges of launching this thing? OK. Cool. I recorded a video log on that: