Another freelance gig alert crossed my desk, so I figured I’d pass it along in case anyone is looking for work. A new, soon-to-launch iOS site called PocketNext is looking to hire a handful of steady freelancers to tackle a wide range of content for the site. It’s a paying gig, and though it doesn’t list specifics on the site, the $$ rates are reasonable for someone who’s looking to get their feet wet or transition from volunteer writing to paying work. Hit the jump for more details.
PocketNext is looking for some freelancer iOS wizards to deliver daily content to the site (features, reviews, news, previews, etc) centered around freemium and free-to-play games on iPhone and iPad. The site notes “pay is competitive and commensurate with experience.” They’re looking for a cover letter and clips from applicants, and the deadline is Sept 26th.
I know they’re looking to hire 5-6 folks, so your chances of getting considered are pretty good. Here’s more info directly from their job listing:
- At least 2 years of professional journalistic writing experience
- Ability to write concise, colloquial-language articles
- Must possess at least an iPhone 3GS (iPhone 5 preferred) or latest iPod Touch and iPad 1 (iPad 2 preferred)
- Must be available to cover breaking news one weekday per week
- Knowledge of AP style preferred
- Must be able to write approx. seven articles per week, averaging about 2,500 words total (aggregate)
- Will be responsible for writing a variety of content; and by variety, buddy, we mean it all: news, reviews, previews, plus features and interview
- Writers must be able to take assignments and pitch ideas for new assignments.
- Experience with WordPress is preferred…
You can read the full listing over at www.pocketnext.com and click the button there to apply. Good luck!