My new bi-weekly freelance game journalism podcast w/ co-host Andrew Hayward, The Freelance Game is now LIVE! Check it out and please subscribe on iTunes! If you enjoy the show, we’d really appreciate a positive rating!
It takes a tremendous amount of willpower, energy, and focus to create something. To take an idea and see it through to fruition, whether it’s a book, a game, or something else. It’s very easy to pour so much of yourself into a creative project and the gargantuan task of getting it out into the world that it exerts a sort of symbiotic energy drain on your being. Sometimes once your creative venture is cut loose and set free into the world, you’re left with a weird sense of loss. And it can be crippling.
- Meet Nuggie The Destroyer – Freelance Writer Pets #2
- Meet Seamus The Cat (Also Coffee Is My Religion is Out TODAY for $0.99!)
- Writer Shop Talk: The Catharsis of Personal Essay Writing
- Coffee Is My Religion (and other new books I have in the works)
- Oh Hey, I Just Launched My First Game! What?! (AKA, the Why I’m No Longer A “Games Journalist/Critic” Post)
- Help Greenlight my first game on Steam, Go To Bed: Survive The Night (plus first BETA footage!)
- Dev Talk: Indie Development, Game Journalism, and Straddling the Fence
- Shop Talk Interviews: Episode 1 – Andrew Groen on kickstarting his new Eve Online history book
- Join The New Freelance Game Journo Network Facebook Group!